The PPO Support Team follows a predefined process when a support call is logged.
Herewith a summary of the process and roles involved. A graphic representation of the support process is also included in this article.
Support Call Process
- When a support call is logged, the requester will receive a confirmation email
- The Support Manager is then responsible to screen the ticket and assign it to a Support Consultant
- The request will be classified as a 1st / 2nd or 3rd Line support ticket
- Depending on the classification of the ticket it will either be Billable or Non-Billable
- If it is a billable request, a quotation will be sent to the client for acceptance before proceeding with the requested work
- If it is a non-billable request, the Support Consultant will address the ticket and update the client
- The ticket will then be Solved
Definitions of 1st, 2nd & 3rd Line Tickets
1st Line Support
- 1st Line Support is something that can be addressed by current documentation (such as Frequently Asked Questions and the Knowledge Base articles)
- The Support Consultant will educate the user and provide links to these articles
- No system changes done by the Support Team
- 1st Line Support is not billable
2nd Line Support
- 2nd Line Support is when a consultant is requested to make configuration changes to the clients’ instance. This could include configuration of data fields, implementing calculations, Business Rules, making changes to Reports / Dashboards
- 2nd Line Calls are mostly done via the front end of PPO.
- 2nd Line Calls are billable and will be quoted for on a case by case basis.
3rd Line Support
- 3rd Line Support is requested from our technical team for more complex requests
- Examples of this would be complex calculations that need to be changed to functions to ensure performance is not impacted / report building that cannot be undertaken by 2nd line / review of custom report configurations
- Changes that cannot be made via the front end of PPO
- 3rd Line Calls are billable and will be quoted for on a case by case basis.
- Bugs / Incidents are also classified as 3rd line but is never billable
If the call relates to a bug, the support consultant replicates the bug and forwards the steps taken to the 3rd line technical team. Critical bug fixes will be done asap. If it is a cosmetic or non-critical bug it will be fixed in the next release.
See below the graphical representation of the Support Ticket Process.