The Widget Configuration page allows you to configure default settings that users will see when they log into PPO for the first time. Once they have logged in, they have the ability to configure their own default settings on the List pages. They are also able to restore their lists back to the default settings as defined on the Widget Configuration page.
This article covers:
- How to access Widget Configuration;
- Setting Column defaults;
- Setting List Page Size default; and
- Setting Chart defaults.
How to access Widget Configuration:
To access the functionality, navigate to the Administration Menu and select the Widget Configuration item. The below page will open.
1. Setting Column defaults
Setting default columns allows you to specify which fields a user will see when they are on any list page in PPO. Example below.
On the left-hand side of the Widget Configuration page is a list of all the Entities and Administration functions. To set a default for an entity List page, first, select the Entity.
Looking at the screenshot above (1), you then have the ability to:
- Add additional fields to the list page as columns by clicking in the "Click to select additional columns" field.
- Use the drag and drop functionality to change the sort order of the fields you want to view in your list. Simply click on the field you want to move and drag and drop it to the desired order.
- Remove fields from the list page by clicking on the "remove" button (x).
2. Setting List Page Size default;
When provisioning an instance of PPO, the List page size across the board is 100 items by default. This can however be changed.
- You can set the list page size by either selecting 10, 20, 50, 100, or 200. The maximum list page size is 200. See the screenshot above (2).
3. Setting Chart defaults
Default Charts have been set for the Demand, Project, Risk, Issue, Cost, and Benefit entities.
As a PPO Administrator, you have the ability to change the existing defaults and set new defaults for Charts that should show on list pages. You can either add a Donut Chart or a Tree Map chart. In the below example, we've applied a Donut chart indicating the Count of Projects per Phase.
The below screenshot shows how it would display on the list page.
The chart widget works interactively with the filter control. If you were to click on the green portion (Execution projects) of the graph, the Project list will automatically filter by only showing those projects in Execution. In the filter control, you can also remove the Phase filter pill and the Donut graph will adjust accordingly.
Clicking on the Name Execution in the Donut Chart Legend removes execution projects from the donut chart but not the list page.
You have the ability to hide your Widget by clicking on the "x" icon and also unhide it by clicking on the
"<" icon as shown in the below screenshot.
- Once a user has changed their own defaults on list pages, it will only restore back to default if the user selects Restore Defaults via the gear icon on their List Pages.