This article covers:
Subscriptions are managed from within the Administration module of PPO. Users who have access to manage subscriptions will see the Subscription Management icon on the Administration >> List page.
If the Subscription Management icon is not visible, click on the following knowledge base article to learn more about user group access rights.
From the Subscriptions >> View page either select the "Change Number of Subscriptions" option or the "Terminate Subscription" option. Note that this page also displays an audit trail of the date, who updated and what changed in the subscriptions. Should you have any enquiries regarding the subscriptions reflected on your monthly invoice, access this page, to verify your changes.
Let’s first look at how to change the number of subscriptions.
After clicking on the “Change Number of Subscriptions” icon the Subscriptions >> Edit page will open consisting of the following sections.
1. Confirm Subscription Update:This section provides general information and considerations regarding the subscription change.
2. Subscription Information:This section provides you with the following information:
a) number of current subscriptions on the instance. It also allows you to select a new number of subscriptions. With each new value selected, the average and monthly costs are re-calculated.
b) the current average and monthly costs (excluding any taxes); and
c) the number of current active users on PPO.
Please note that you cannot select less than 5 subscriptions, as 5 is the minimum number of subscriptions required on your instance.
3. Subscription Change Questionnaire: This section provides the PPO Administrator with the ability to state the reason for the change in the subscriptions, and provide additional comments for the change.
4. Terms and Conditions: This section provides you with the terms & conditions that have to be agreed to, by checking the checkbox, before commencing with the change. A link is also provided to the Terms & Conditions on the PPO website.
Once you are happy with the change, click on the “Change Number of Subscriptions” icon.
Once you have clicked on the “Terminate Subscriptions” icon the Subscriptions >> Terminate page will open consisting of the following sections:
1. Confirm Subscription Termination:This section provides general information and considerations regarding the subscription termination.
2. Termination Questionnaire: This section provides the PPO Administrator with the ability to state the reason for the termination and to provide additional comments for the termination. The administrator can also indicate at this point whether a document back-up is required. For more information on document and data back-ups visit the following FAQ.
3. Terms and Conditions:This section provides you with the terms & conditions that have to be agreed to, by checking the checkbox, before commencing with the termination. A link is also provided to the Terms & Conditions on the PPO website.
Once you have clicked on the Terminate Subscription icon, the day on which the instance will expire (which will be the last day of the particular month) will show within the Confirm Subscription Termination section.
Should you wish to terminate your training instance, click on the following FAQ, which will explain the process that you will need to follow.
- Prior to decreasing the number of subscriptions first confirm that the active users do not exceed the new number of subscriptions. To check this, access the subscription information section on your Subscriptions >> Edit page, as this shows you the current active users. If the active users exceed the new number of subscriptions, access the user list and decrease the number of active users, by un-checking the “Active” checkbox, for the specific user records, and therefore marking the user as “Inactive”. Please note that PPO will also prompt you to decrease the number of Active users should you ask for a number of subscriptions less than the number of your Active users.
- A decrease in subscriptions will only reflect on next month‘s invoice as we charge for the maximum number of subscriptions for the month.
- Instances that are terminated during a month are charged for the full month (i.e. we do not pro-rata for usage during a portion of the month).