When provisioning an instance of PPO you will notice that there is demo data already captured for Demand, Programmes, Projects, Employees, Users as well as the underlying project-related entities such as Risks, Issues, Costs, Resource Allocation records etc.
The main purpose for having the demo data is to give clients / users an idea of the data structure in PPO and most importantly to support the reporting outputs.
Can demo data be deleted?
Yes, but we suggest to clients that we only do this once you already have real data loaded so that you still have use of the reporting outputs.
What will be deleted:
Demo demand records will be deleted.
- Important: If you have re-used demo demand records by renaming them, the data will still be deleted and you would need to re-capture your records.
The Demo programme will be deleted.
Important: If you have re-used the demo programme by renaming it, the data will still be deleted and you would need to re-capture your Programme and also update the Projects where the Programme was linked.
Demo projects and their related entity's data (Risks, issues, costs etc.).
- Important: If you have re-used demo projects by renaming them, the data will still be deleted and you would need to re-capture your projects.
Demo employees and their associated users accounts.
- Important: If you have re-used the demo employee records, the only way to keep them is to request the support team to calculate the Employee Code field to something other than DEMO or Dummy as they are currently specified. The downfall to doing this is that the related user accounts for the dummy users won't be deleted and will still be on the user list.
Data that will not be deleted:
- Templates & Methodology project - This project is used to store the .svg's for the project Life Cycle pages as well as any Templates you will be adding to PPO.
- Set-Up PPO project - This project has Set Up Steps loaded as issues that helps a user to do the basic setup of the tool (and is usually used when doing an assisted implementation).
- Non-project Documents - This project is used by default when linking documents to Non-Project Related entities such as the Demand entity.
How to request deletion of demo data
If you want the demo data to be deleted, feel free to log a ticket and our support ninja's will assist.