This article covers:
PPO is a fully web-based application, which means users can only access PPO through a web browser. The following pieces of functionality are basic browser functions that allows the user to easily move around in PPO.
- Tooltip. The tooltip provides users with additional information regarding any field or icon within PPO. To access the tooltip, hover the mouse pointer over the field or icon that requires further explanation.
Tooltip over a data field:
Tooltip over an icon:
For more information on how to change the tooltip for data fields, see the following knowledge base article.
- Browse function. The browse function will appear wherever a document can be uploaded. This allows users to browse their computer for the document they want to upload.
PPO allows files of 20MB and less to be uploaded.
- Print button. The print button allows users to print the current page exactly as it shows in PPO. The print button is situated in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Help button. The help button provides users with a direct link to the PPO Support portal. For more information on using the support portal, please see the following knowledge base article.
- Action panel. Every page in PPO provides an action panel. The action panel consists of icons that can be used to move around in PPO (view list page, view project manager dashboard) or perform actions (add issue, edit risk, move task). The action panel will be different depending on the page (see the next section in this article for accessing pages).
Action panel on the Issue >> List page:
Action panel on the Project >> View page:
The action panel for each user group can be defined by granting the user group access to add, edit, delete or move items.
For example, project administrators may have access to the full risk action panel:
However, the project team members may only have access to selected functions in the action panel.
For more information on granting user group access, see the following knowledge base article.
- Show / hide functionality
PPO allows for sections to be collapsed (hidden) and expanded (shown) in order to make screens more manageable. The show / hide icons are two arrows on the right hand side of the page, in the section heading. Click on these arrows to show or hide the section.
Both sections are shown on the Project list page shown below:
The List Criteria section has been hidden by clicking on the show / hide icon on the List Criteria heading:
All view, add and edit pages in PPO show data fields grouped into categories. Each category name is highlighted and also allows for the category / section to be expanded or collapsed to show more or less information.
In the example above, Task Information, Task Progress and Planning Information are all categories. The Task Progress category has been collapsed and can be expanded by clicking on the two arrows on the category line.
PPO will store the selections on the show / hide functionality as a user preference. In other words, if a section is hidden by the user, PPO will see this as a user preference and will keep the section hidden until the user chooses to show the section again.
- Required fields
Required fields are fields that have to be specified before the user can submit a record. Required fields are shown with grey input boxes, whereas non-required fields have white input boxes.
For more information on required fields, please see the following knowledge base article.
- Field types
PPO prescribes the type of information that has to be specified for each field by making use of different field types.
Examples of field types are:
Custom list field
For more information on the different types of fields, see the following knowledge base article.
- Adding and updating multiple records
In some cases a user might want to assign the same record (e.g risk) to multiple resources or update all the records (e.g risks) on the project, at once. Having to add and update multiple records individually, could be time consuming.
The above mentioned functionality is available, by accessing the action panel on the list pages of the individual project related entities, and then clicking on the applicable icon, e.g "Edit Risks" or "Edit Issues" etc.
For a detailed explanation on adding and updating multiple records, please access the following knowledge base article.
- Moving multiple records
To move multiple risks from one project to another, click on the Move Risks icon on the Risks >> List page.
The Risks >> Move page will open.
Select the destination project and move the applicable risks to the box on the right using the green arrows.
When the destination project has been selected and the risks that have to be moved are in the box on the right, click on Submit.
For more information on list pages, please see the following knowledge base article.
- Adding and editing a single record
To edit the current record, click on the Edit Risk icon.
The Risk >> Edit page will open.
To add a new risk record, click on the Add Risk icon from the Risk >> View page.
The Risk >> Add page will open.
- Moving a single record
To move a single risk to a new project, click on the Edit Risk icon on the Risk >> View page. The Risk >> Edit page will open. From here, select the new project under which the risk must appear and click on Submit.