Evaluation instances will allow users to explore all the functionality that PPO has to offer, including full administration rights.
Requesting an evaluation instance
The following steps should be followed when requesting an evaluation instance:
Access the PPO website and request an evaluation instance
1. Access the PPO website and click on the “SIGN UP” button at the top of the landing page. Through-out the website you will also see a “FREE TRIAL" button, which can also be accessed.
4 Next complete the URL that you would like to use for your evaluation instance, giving special attention to the following. Each instance of PPO has a unique name which forms part of the URL when accessing the application. Each user can request their own instance name, subject to the name being available. You can request your instance name by typing it in the space provided and clicking on the Check Availability box to ensure the name requested is available. If the URL is available a "check" will appear, as per the following screenshot.
Then click on the “Submit” button.
A confirmation message displays on the website and a confirmation e-mail is sent with further instructions.
Click on the link in the e-mail message to complete your evaluation
Once you have clicked on the link in the e-mail, the following page will be displayed:
1. Ensure that you accept the terms and conditions and then click on the “Submit” icon.
A confirmation message is displayed on the website as per the screenshot below and your log-on details and URL for your evaluation instance will be sent via e-mail.
Click on the link in the e-mail message to log into your evaluation instance
1. When you log on for the first time, you will be asked to reset your password. Reset your password to something you will easily remember.
2. The first page you’ll see after you have logged in is your Home Page. On this page you will notice that you already have several items assigned to you in the issues section. These issues are designed to help you set up your instance and explain how to use PPO’s basic functionality. These steps will also guide you through loading your first project and will explain how you can get support if required.
Conditions for an evaluation instance
The following conditions apply for all evaluation instances:
- There will be no hosting or subscriptions fees charged;
- The instance will be available to the user for a 30 day period;
- The maximum number of subscriptions is 5 users;
- Support provided to users will be charged for according to our standard consulting rate;
- No custom functionality(event handlers, custom validations, custom reports, etc.) will be developed or deployed;
- The user can at any time during the 30 day period request their instance to be moved to a full subscription If the instance is not moved to a full subscription instance in 30 days after creation, the instance will be deleted and the user will no longer have access to the instance.
If you like PPO and you would like to move your evaluation instance to a full subscription instance, then access the following FAQ for a detailed explanation of the steps you need to follow.